Common Kids - Communal Action for Inclusion
In July 2011, together with the NGOs "Bridge of Hope" from Yerevan, Armenia, und "Union Beryllus" from Tbilisi, Georgia, Interkulturelles Zentrum started the project "Common Kids - Communal Action for Inclusion", which would be implemented for the next two years. The aim of this initiative is to raise awareness in the society and among policy makers about the situation of vulnerable children and youth. At the same time the children and their families will be accompanied in their integration into communal life and supported in their development.
The activities will take place in the target regions Tbilisi, Rustavi, Shaumiani and Dedoflistskharo in Georgia as well as in Tavush Marz, Ijevan, Dilijan, Berd and Noyemberyan in Armenia. Through PR-activities and cooperation with the administration, social services, NGOs, educational institutions, parents, media and students, the situation and needs of vulnerable children and youth should get more public attention. Broad sensibility regarding this issue should be created and a sustainable influence on decision makers should be made.
- Establishment and development of Community clubs in the involved regions as places for activities supporting the integration and socialization of vulnerable children and youth.
- Visibility actions to raise public awareness - events with active involvement of children and youth.
- Communal stakeholder fora - a series of meetings of different actors (NGOs, parents, decision makers, media representatives…) where strategies for better inclusion of vulnerable groups in societies are developed.
- Regional stakeholder forum gathering representatives of all Communal stakeholder fora from Armenia and Georgia with the aim to develop an action plan for international/regional activities.
- An awareness campaign on inclusion with an international dimension.
The project is financed by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA).
With support from the Open Society Foundations.