Youth for Human Rights
The project Youth for Human Rights started in December 2016 and is implemented by a consortium of National Agencies for the Erasmus+: Youth in Action programme. The main aim of the project is to mainstream human rights education (HRE) in the field of youth.
The project stems from a need to prevent violent radicalization and marginalization of young people in Europe. As a response, the project will fully use the potential of youth work – and of human rights education in the context of youth work and young people’s non-formal learning. The project makes use of already existing human rights education (HRE) resources and educational concepts/modules. It benefits from the exchange of HRE actors and networks to develop meaningful and efficient educational modules with the social potential of a change coming from the field of youth. Young people are the main agents of change and it is they who benefit directly from youth work which is line with the principles of human rights education.
Project partners are the National Agenies for the Erasmus+: Youth in Action programme from Estonian, Germany, France, Austria, Beglium-Flanders, Slovakia, Croatia and Lativa.
- Improving understanding of HRE in the field of youth and supporting young people’s acquisition of social, civic and intercultural competence
- Supporting youth workers, trainers and other practitioners in the field of youth in using HRE to address issues that directly affect social cohesion, such as inclusion and diversity
- Improving the quality of youth practice, and of activities undertaken as part of young people’s non-formal learning (such as, volunteering), through networking and capacity-building
- Gathering and analysing data about HRE state of play (key actors, concepts and resources in national and international context)
- Adapting and developing HRE related training and education modules for local, regional, national and transnational youth workers and youth leaders and compilation of recommendations for human rights education curricula
- Capacity building of actors in the youth field on HRE and support to thematic network development: training of trainers, training of youth workers, training of Erasmus+ NA staff
- Communicating and disseminating project results and compiling of policy recommendations.
The project will last until December 2019 and is supported by "Erasmus+: Youth in Action".